Tuesday, January 8, 2013

big day


tuesday

Today, I announced my intention to resign from a career that I love.
to go for a 2150 ish mile hike on the appalachian trail.
What's wrong with this picture?
absolutely nothing?

my backpacking partner (zag) and i have been talking about this for years.
the past few months have been scary and exciting...full of serious planning.
hundreds, if not thousands, of tiny decisions have been made. oftentimes flip flopped many times in a single minute. lots of tossing and turning at 3am:
down or synthetic bag?
separate tents?
separate gear?
alcohol, canister or fuel tablet stove?
is this worth walking away from my job i love with colleagues and patients that i truly love?
not to mention my family and friends....
don't be complacent! do it while you're physically able!
but this bed is so warm and cozy...

so i'm doing it...it's official.

i will try to not be a bore with the blogging bit
my intent is to keep all interested parties informed and amused...

be patient and persistent
one step at a time...we must start SOMEwhere....




No comments:

Post a Comment