Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Saturday June 1

Beautiful night at the campground..cool and breezy..so breezy, in fact, that I had to retrieve socks in the middle of the night... Slept in till 7am! Woo hoo! Today we went from Lewis mtn campground (911.0) to rock spring hut (923.3) with lunch at big Meadows wayside....(0.8 round trip)
The DEET on arms, legs, neck seems to be working. I can't find any attached ticks.I scratch every freckle I see and, so far, they seem to really be freckles. I push the tall grass aside with my poles..holding then like an old timer plow...hoping to knock the ticks off and also part the grass so I can make sure I'm not about to step on any snakes!
Interesting sights today: 30 colorfully dressed  multi generation Asians parading down the trail, John (Web breaker) the president of the Potomac ATC weed eating,
I had the fried chicken plate at the wayside. Dessert was black berry cobbler with black berry ice cream . A came outside and found a snicker bar on each of our packs (actually m80 stole mine, but later confessed)..we think it was John...thanks whoever it was! Tenting tonight on the hill above the shelter. Not quite level..I stuffed my sleeping bag under the right side of my mattress..maybe I won't roll down the hill...

Pic: John taking a break from weed eating to chat

No comments:

Post a Comment