Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday may 29

I forced myself our of bed at 6:15..oh the joy if strategic pillow placement..
Fit breakfast: coffee with a packet of hot cocoa mix, granola with vanilla yogurt, peanut butter sandwich..
The inn keepers daughter drove me to the trail..I hit the trail at 730am. I hiked a bit and had to fill or the permit to enter Shenandoah park...(team fortis isn't leaving until after 9am as they must drop a box of at the post office)
Today is a long hot humid day...I sang a lot..out loud to scare away any wildlife..it worked as several others had bear encounters today. Must have been the same bear as the common denominator was the lack of fear the bear exhibited toward humans. This bear was ON the trail..wouldn't move....delayed m80 by 45 minutes..
I passed 2 female section hikers wearing way too many clothes...sweater wrapped around their waist, pants stuffed into thick heavy socks...made me suffocate looking at the two of them...they showed up at camp about 2 hours after me..
Etch a sketch was at the shelter as I arrived..
There were bees and stink bugs all around the shelter...so I chose to tent..team fortis showed up eventually with the awesome bear encounter story...
Earplugs in and off to bed. 21 miles is plenty today.
Pics: porch off side of  b&b..I had to adjust the porch swing..it was too high (my feet didn't touch the ground) and it was tipped too far back..

No comments:

Post a Comment