Thursday, February 14, 2013

Low profile

February 11,2013

Since zag posted about pack weight i had to go check mine, of course.i realized its been awhile since I've been focused on counting ounces...my "obsession du jour" has been something like "is my Patagonia a nano (60g primaloft)or a micro (100g )...i think it's 60 cuz it's so light...will that be warm enough? The micro is also windproof so wouldn't that be way better? What if it weighs too much our isn't add compressible?
..
But should i just get a vest to add just a bit of warmth to my existing nano? Good grief..how can a vest be so expensive?? It doesn't even have sleeves!
Oh look..micro jacket is on sale big at moosejaw and they have my size..in orange.even better
So i go weigh my pack...it's 23 pounds without food or water....and without that micro that i ordered..free 2 day shipping to boot..i haven't decided which layering system to take..cold and wet for many days but hot and sweaty while hiking...you'd think we hadn't been planning this for 6 Months....
indecision; it's one of my worst but most familiar enemies....
So my micro puff jacket should be here soon...I'll see how out fits with the system...i can always return it....or wear it next year...it's bright orange so I'll be low profile...

No comments:

Post a Comment