Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The last week

I cannot believe our walk starts one week from today. How can I feel so excited yet so calm...so at peace yet so nervous..so prepared ...but not...ahhhhhh the dichotomy of it all....such is life.
Today Andrea surprised me with a prehike Thai massage. If you've never done this, please do your achy, tight, old body a favor and schedule a session.
Just think of it as passive yoga/stretching with  gentle soft tissue manipulation...
I'm sure I'll need another at midhike and after...
Several of my colleagues have expressed an interest in a "show-and-tell" lunch. Tomorrow I will haul my pack to work, unpack, explain item by item, and repack...all the while (hopefully) fielding interesting questions, facilitating interest and inspiration.
In an attempt to eat more veggies on the trail, I made veggie chips this week . They turned out great! Here's a link to the recipe I used:

http://221vision.com/2011/06/08/whats-for-snack-time-wednesday-homemade-veggie-chips-made-with-a-dehydrator/

Try it. I used 2 cups of fresh kale greens as the veggie. The jalapeno added a nice kick.
I'm sure I'll need a kick on the trail!

1 comment: