Sunday, February 17, 2013

trickles



Months ago, as I contemplated the possibility of having to resign, I began to think a bit about my worth as an employee, as a colleague, and as a therapist providing what I consider a skilled service.
I thought about the basic human desire to feel needed. Would I be missed? Would my absence be any sort of detriment...what do I bring to the table, so to speak..
I wondered what sort of fallout there would be.  How would
my relationship with people change? What coping mechanisms would be utilized by all my peeps..what was I about to witness?
Well, the results are trickling in.
Each passing day seems to break down the relationship protocol that exists. The heartfelt comments and random"what if" questions are emerging more frequently. I'm pleasantly surprised so far at the positive comments I've received and by the the pieces of me that will be missed. Of course, the work environment, devoid of my delightful personality, will hardly be tolerated...hopefully my clinical worth will be realized as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment