Friday, February 15, 2013

Technology

So far the most frustrating aspect of planning a thru hike is trying to create a group on ONE of the communication options on this stupid phone...the group I created in my phone contacts seems useless so far...my intent was to have the ability to send a mass text if needed but I can't find that my group is a contract option when I tried...
So then I created a group in my AOL contacts...that works great if I get on the internet on my phone, sign in to AOL, compose a new message then send...however I cannot do that through my AOL shortcut on my phone...it seems as though when I compose a new email from AOL accessed from the shortcut on my phone...it draws from my PHONE contacts instead of my AOL contacts....so that's inconvenient...then there's this whole google contact thing...circles and google +...I don't even know where to start with all that as I don't want a repeat of Facebook....
So..blah, blah...I feel old and technologically challenged...whatever happened to just packing your pack and going for a hike....and just letting people wonder if you're ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment