Sunday, March 3, 2013

Humbled

When is the last time you were surrounded by nearly all the people you love?
(Funerals and holidays don't count.)

Let me tell you what a wonderful feeling it is. I understand that some people have some anxiety about their "worlds" colliding.....let them collide.
Let them crash forcefully into each other and mingle and mash you in between...feel all that love, kindness and generosity squish out and fly all over you...leaving you drooping under a thick, heavy coat of "we love you and support you",
"i always thought you had good sense, but you're crazy as hell for doing this", "I'm so envious that you're making this dream come true for yourself",
"I will pray for you every day",
"can we meet you somewhere with supplies?",
"here's the phone number for my friend/sister/parents ....call them and they will feed/shuttle/board you"

This is a heavy garment.
This is love.

1 comment:

  1. I experienced that love when family and friends gathered for a love ones birthday. I must admit it is the only time I am not afraid of my worlds colliding. Death has become a routine for my family lately with another expecting to occur in a few days. Thank you for your humble comments and a remainder of how precious life is.

    ReplyDelete