Monday, March 11, 2013

Addis gap to dicks creek gap (hiawassee)


That is actually a lie. We really hiked from 1 mile away on the forest service road....(it was about an 8 mile drive up this dirt road...slow going over muddy ruts)...total hiking today was 6.5 miles...in my humble defense, I carried my full pack except I only had today's food..(30 pounds)..my left knee was perfectly fine, right knee a little pinchy from the extra weight?? Fine tonight, though...
We met "snowy frog" on the trail today and later gave him a ride into hiawassee to the holiday inn express...after dropping off the frogman, we went to michaelees for a great lunch, dessert and a latte....
At the hotel tonight, zag and I have been doing last minute pack inspection with the hope of reducing both volume and weight.  Food is big and heavy(and it's only 5 days' worth)
Zag has some nasty blisters that are being very worrisome...it's hard to enjoy hiking when your feet are killing you...
So our packs weigh 37ish pounds...more than we'd like....makes me want to eat a lot the first few days to reduce the pack weight!
Todays hike was so beautiful...very foggy ..have you ever taken a walk in a foggy forest? Treat yourself to a magical experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment