Thursday, March 14, 2013

tuesday March 12,2013

Today was the good bye day....to slack packing, warm hotel beds  hot showers, and, worst of all, my best friend and love of my life...
I know, it's not like I hadn't prepared for this, but it's still hard...so of course I cried as I hiked (anyone that knows me I'd totally rolling their eyes as I cry so very easily) and what made it even worse is that we watched Forrest Gump last night...I'd you can watch that without crying, you're just not human...

Today we hiked 9 ish miles to Blue gap..we're now in north Carolina! Woohoo for crossing our first state line...beautiful day...hiked into a cloud on top of some mtn, complete with frozen precipitation..not snow, hale, or sleet...not sure what to call it...sun was shining all around, but raining ice down on us as we walked...
tenting at the campground at bly gap with probably 10 others..
Met some other thru hikers today..one couple (dream & socks) with their dog, Charlie...it's nice to see that he's so well behave..makes me miss my 2...I hope my old man can hang in there till I'm done and I hope that puppy girl doesn't drive him to an early grave!
Missing my family tonight, but warm and toasty in my tent.
Addendum: had Fritatta and grits for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment