Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Home

Tomorrow morning we leave very early...drive to Georgia, get dropped off and hike 11 miles or so to our first destination.
We're doing what's called slack-packing for a few days. (hiking with a  less-than-full pack...much like "not playing with a full deck") This should help my aging body with the transition into pack-encumbered daily hikes ...hopefully with less chance of actual tissue damage.(..I expect to be very sore, stiff and achy...but that's ok.)
Today I am under the electric blanket....(maybe trying to absorb as much warmth as possible) while the laundry dries and the dishwasher finishes. I'll fill the bird feeder and double check my pack contents, food schedule and bounce box..recharge my spare battery, hang some new lights on the back porch. Eventually I will actually go and fill the truck with gas and gather snacks for the drive over. But for now, I'll stay under the warm blanket...

2 comments: