Saturday, April 13, 2013

Monday April 8

Zero day in hot springs!
Goat, Streak and I wandered over to the camp store at about 830 to check out the breakfast selection. There's a little kitchen behind the register. I had "the entrance" which consisted of 2 eggs, bacon, and 2 pancakes with any goodies added for no additional charge. I requested pecans and chocolate chips with some peanut butter between the two just to be extra decadent. What I didn't know was that the pancakes were slightly bigger than the dinner plate they were served on!
Yes. I ate every bite. The best pancakes I've ever had (away from home).
Full and happy, I walked over to the "resort"office to make a 4:00 appointment for my soak in the hot mineral spring water. That gave me all day to accomplish my task of going to the outfitters: skirt or shorts? Gasket for my Sawyer filter, shoe repair/replacement..
I went back to the cabin after breakfast to organize my gear first: put my sleeping bag , silk liner, and tent out in the sun.  Later, zag and Joel returned from Asheville and we all went to lunch at the iron horse. I had a really great mixed green salad (not "shredded" ).
I went to the outfitters, got the  filter gasket and some great shorts. Didn't carry my brand of shoes, so no luck with that issue. I repaired my flappy shoe with mcnetts seam grip...we'll try again in Erwin, TN.
To the hot tub at 400pm! Only about 95°...it was probably good that it wasn't hotter or I may not have gotten out, but I wanted it to be hotter. Private, on the French broad river, I had classical m music playing..heaven.  A towel was provided.
Megan rode her BMW bike over from Maryville for dinner with us at the iron horse, then camped. I had 2 fried chicken breasts served with roasted potatoes and grilled zucchini. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment