Monday, April 1, 2013

Saturday, march 30

Made it to double springs shelter by 1:00pm,..7'2 miles today, 196.0 total. Planning to get to newfound gap tomorrow. No idea where we'll stay, we will play it by ear. Ended up with 29 in shelter last night..wow. It was supposed to rain today so I started out with my rain gear on....of course I had to shed it all after a few miles..too hot...I even stripped of the turkey bags...is there such a thing as Gore Tex socks?..I had a creek side bath and laundry session this after noon...freezing cold but felt so good..I just couldn't stand the smell of my shirt armpits any longer. I washed them out with peppermint soap., then me.it's amazing how wonderful a wipedown feels with a bandana, cold  with fresh spring water...invigorating, too! Of course I immediately went and got into my sleeping for about an hour to warm up....only 22 in the shelter tonight...still like sardines..we all have to roll over in the same direction! Spooning with total strangers..all in our own bags, though!
To g'burg tomorrow!
Pics: more snowy trail, BearSnack tending the sock roast at double spring shelter.better pic of sock roost

No comments:

Post a Comment