Sunday, May 19, 2013

Friday may 17

Up at 6am..rooster crowing is a great alarm clock. It was weird to sleep so high off the ground on something so narrow..an outdoor lounge chair...of course I put down my footprint and air pad to establish my space! There was a shower but I chose a sink bath "drag a rag"as granny used to say...if that tells you anything about the condition of the shower...we hiked 14 ish miles to lamberts meadow shelter. Highlights were macafee knob &tinkers cliffs. Lots of people out hiking today. I met Bethany who was out with her weimaraner Nora.. we walked together on the way up to macafee knob, then took pictures and sat as a rain shower passed by.    She's lived near here her whole life and had never been up to macafee knob until today! Such gorgeous views up there. She was very kind to keep me company for a bit.
Made it to the shelter before any storms rolled in. A few light showers today, but ok overall.

Pics: rooster at 4 pines hostel; approaching rain; Bethany and Nora; me & zag at macafee knob

No comments:

Post a Comment