Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tuesday may 21

734.7 Wilson creek shelter to
751.4 Jennings creek (tenting)
Left at 7:15 am. Knee pain is slowing zag down a lot today. we had easy terrain today and she hobbled along...I looked forward to taking a dip in this creek all day long and it was everything I needed it to be. Beautiful, cold, refreshing. I squealed when I dunked all the way in.....I'm sure shutter bug got some pictures and maybe video of my antics...
Zag has arranged to be picked up and taken to roanoke tomorrow. She Wii fly home and have her knee checked out. She's giving away food and fuel tonight.
Big Yank, tallulah, fig, gravy, team fortis, me and zag sat and had a beer together. Big Yank swears he has a golden thumb as he ALWAYS gets a ride when he tries. So he came back with a lot of beer. We only had 1, but the young crowd went back to their tenting area and finished it off....
I'm sad that zag is having to leave the trail, but that knee is a real bother....
Pics: sunlight filtering through the canopy; American chestnut (already showing signs of blight); a little friend sunning on my pack at lunch; tallulah; team Fortis (trooper, willow, m80) resting after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment