Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Saturday may 25

Good breakfast, then on with this hiking business!
Alan dropped me off at the base of Crabtree falls. 1.7 miles up to the top, another mile to VA 826(gravel), 0.5 miles to the AT: 3.3 approach to mile marker 821.8 then hiked to Harpers creek shelter (830.3): 11.7 miles today. Not bad since I started at 11:30 and the first 4 miles were uphill...
Nova passed by me today like I was standing still..that girl was moving! She told me later that the need for a privy was the motivation..I understood! Maybe she had too many fig Newtons...

The plan tomorrow is 22 miles to Paul c Wolfe shelter which will leave only 5 miles into town on Monday.
We'll see how it goes. That'll be my new personal record..and there's a heck of a climb up 3 ridges mountain first thing.(2300 ft climb up to 4000 ft)
Here tonight: Newton in the shelter with me (shared laundry in Daleville); rainbow braids, nova, team fortis tenting...I love sleeping by a creek..the steady noise is comforting.
No pics. I am a loser for not taking any photos of Alan and Phyllis. I realized the error of my ways soon after he dropped me off.. It's a wonder I have sense enough to keep my gear in order. Embrace the dementia.

No comments:

Post a Comment