Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wednesday may 22

Up at 5am..Jennings creek (751.7)
Morning break at Bryant ridge shelter (755.5)
Tenting tonight at marble springs (772.6)

Bryant ridge shelter is my new favorite design: picnic table in a recessed, but accessible area. 3 levels: the  covered deck, a step up to the bottom sleeping area, up a ladder to the upper sleeping area which is oriented 90° to the lower sleeping area. Whole thing is very open feeling and there are many plexiglas panels that let in tons of light.

Those fig Newtons caught up to me today! I had the sudden lower abdominal gassy bloat and cramping...I had to relieve the pressure and didn't trust anything except squatting in the woods or in the privy...(may be more than just air in there)..made for a day of very fast walking. I breezed right on though the guillotine without a photo shoot...we had to  practically run the last mile ahead of a thunderstorm..made it to camp just as the bottom fell out. Many thanks to Larry and Eric, 2 trail angels that helped me set up my tent in the windy rain. They also gathered  gallons of water and had a filter handy, gathered and took our trash, handed out some food treats....thanks a million guys!
Long day, I'm too tired to socialize and it's raining...I got in my tent and didn't come out.
Pics: Bryant shelter; pink trillium

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! Sounds like fun - Thanks for keeping a record.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete