Saturday, May 18, 2013

Monday may 13

Pine swamp branch shelter (650.1) to war spur shelter (662.8)  12.9 very long miles today. Much shorter distance than yesterdays 19.7 miles because the terrain was so rocky; hard walking and slow going. You just can't get anywhere fast (except injured)..
Phoenix is here with us tonight. She says she must finish the trail this year "because my cancer may come back next year". She also dyed her hair red "like a Phoenix"
I did a little laundry upon arriving: rinsed my outer socks good; put some soap on my shirt pits, the crotch of compression shorts and my liner socks, rinsed all & hang to dry over night. Soap and water on MY pits, baby wipes on the grits. I tried 3 times to soak my poor feet in the icy creek water...I couldn't make it to the 2 minute mark...too cold for me! Another hiker, "etch-a-sketch"and her pretty dog "Sam wise" came through with home made cookies...just in time for dessert!
Plan tomorrow is to get to sarver hollow shelter (675.0). 2 climbs to get there. Only had one today but my legs (& everything else, for that matter) are SO tired from yesterdays miles.
Pics: more pretty flowers; goofy happy hiker

No comments:

Post a Comment