Sunday, May 19, 2013

Saturday may 18

9 miles into Daleville, VA. Left at 655am and got there at 10:30
Easy walk along ridge with a few rocks to negotiate...I love it when my food bag is empty....I feel like running! Staying at the Hojo....
Did laundry, pillaged the hiker box and came away with some marmot rain pants which will make me feel better about sending my favorite pants and jacket home....it's hot enough they have only been used as pillow stuffing this wk....I'm also sending my hat, gloves and mitten covers home....this is scary to med, but I do want my pack to be lighter and less full...pizza hut salad bar for dinner...pizza too.
Will likely zero tomorrow.  Hot shower...my toes are great...Vaseline is fantastic stuff.
Pics: big rock to walk under;
Ahhhhhh fresh raw stuff to eat; toes

No comments:

Post a Comment