Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thursday may 16

VA 620 Trout creek (689.8] to Va624 Newport Rd (697.8)
Nice views, rock scrambles & ridge walks today...didn't leave camp until 950am..slow easy day..we needed it. A leap fogged with grey hound all day today...the high light of the day was exploring"dragons tooth"..makes me want to go rock climbing. Saw lots of lady slippers today. Greyhound saw a big fat rattlesnake laid out across the trail...I'm happy to have missed that! I really have been trying to watch carefully..all theses rocks we're scrambling over and around...ugh.
Made it to the 4 pines hostel, run and owned by Joe. A big 3 bay garage with random furniture  mixed in with a farm shop. There's a bathroom...indoors.
Ate dinner at The Home Place..family style eating..1.5 hour wait as Virginia tech graduation is this weekend and this is apparently the place to go eat...
Pics: me with the first rhododendron blossom I've seen...  dragons tooth, dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment