Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wednesday may 8

Woke up to steady rain. Again.
I pulled the covers over my head and rolled back over. We only have 10 very easy miles into pearisburg...no need to hop out of bed at 6am today!
Breakfast was at 8, so I did get up eventually.
I had already packed my backpack the night before..I like to be organized.
We had a nice long breakfast, no one seemed to be in a hurry to leave. M80 and trooper braved the weather and took off about 1030 or so...they were getting a hotel room and were nice to offer us use of their shower once we arrived, if needed.
I sat around and read my trashy fiction zag found at one of the shelters (she's already finished with it). Its all about vampires and werewolves and humans...not the twilight series, but the ones about "sookie"..mindless entertainment...perfect for delaying hiking on a rainy day.
We eventually left about noon.
A very nice walk into town...the fog eventually lifted, allowing a clear view of the valley from up on the ridge.  The sun came out about 530 pm, illuminating the forest. The late afternoon light casting long shadows from the tree trunks.
After making our way to m80& troopers room at the holiday lodge in town, zag took a shower and we all went across the street to the Mexican restaurant. After  m80 gave the staff an education on the illegality of not allowing his service dog into the restaurant, we were seated. Shortly thereafter, Andrea and Emily arrived. Talk about a sight for sore eyes...wow. My world is much better. We'll have a few zero days, go to rei for shoe issues and get back on the trail on Sunday...until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment