Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday may 27

Happy memorial day!

Slept in till 730! It was great. Made coffee. Packed slowly. Left at 830
Walked 5 miles in 1.5 hours...called tree streets inn for my pick up...stopped by outfitters on the watt in for electrolyte tablet refill, socks and a new shirt sleeved Merino wool shirt.
Dragonfly tested as I was waiting for my ride into town  (retired air force. we met her and her husband onyx in the smokies..last seen at mountain harbor b&b)
She has been slack packing her husband since she is recovering from a painful issue with her leg.  She met me at the b&b, drive me to Kroger and dropped me off for lunch at the Heritage. Great place for burgers and beer on main street in Waynesboro.
During lunch, I met a nice guy and we talked each others' ears off. He is an 18th century living historian, a flint lock enthusiast, and a farmer. Later his delightful wife joined us. Nice folks everywhere.
Pillows and a mattress, here I come!

Pics: Wayne and his wife; Waynesboro marker; dinner (red wine wine not shown)

1 comment:

  1. General Anthony Wayne got around. He's the same guy Waynesville, NC, is named for.

    ReplyDelete